How to Get Great Results From Your Ketone Test Strip
A Letter From the Owner … And Thank You!
Thank you so much for your purchase! Please read every word of this short PDF, because it will help you get great results from using this product - plus you will learn our exact recommendation for the best way to use your Just Fitter Ketone Test Strip!
You might wonder ...
WHY JUST FITTER?
In 2014, inspired by the idea of helping you create the perfect you, Just Fitter began manufacturing health related products such as the ketone test strips. This type of test strip was easily recognized by the market. This was because of how accurate and fast it provided results.
Our desire was to make the ketone test strips a great one … and that’s why I wrote this guide. In this PDF, you will learn how to best use this product, the benefits you can expect to see and feel … so that you will LOVE the experience of using it every day! If I can be of service, do not hesitate to contact me personally. I personally reply to all emails and I love to hear from our customers.
Regards, Michael Ford
Why You’re Going to Love Your Just Fitter Ketone Test Strip!
You’ve made a smart choice, and here’s why.
Testing ketones are used for various reasons. The top uses are for various diets (ketogenic, paleo, atkins, banting) and for managing type 1 diabetes.
Ketone is a chemical produced when there is a shortage of insulin in the blood and the body breaks down body fat for energy.
Ketones in the urine is a sign that your body is using fat for energy instead of using glucose because not enough insulin is available to use glucose for energy.
Ketones in the urine is more common in type 1 diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes is a condition which is caused by the pancreas inability to produce any or enough insulin needed to allow sugar to enter cells to produce energy.
To effectively manage type 1 diabetes, ketones should be kept at a low level to prevent a serious condition known as diabetic ketoacidosis or KDA.
According to Dr. Steve Phinney, MD, Phd, a physician scientist who has spent 35 years studying diet, exercise, fatty acids, and inflammation in an interview with JumpstartMD |Bay Area's Top Medical Weight Loss Program:
“A person with type 1 diabetes who hasn’t gotten insulin for a couple of days, their body goes out of control, they make ketones way out of proportion of what the body can use and they go to ketoacidosis and they develop very high ketones in the blood.
Whereas when you restrict carbohydrate intake which keeps insulin low but not zero, those people develop nutritional ketosis which is only 1/10th as high as ketoacidosis.”
In a nutritional diet, a person will have to achieve ketosis or nutritional ketosis, which will effectively make the body burn fat for fuel instead of sugar from carbohydrates.
The idea is get high ketones if you are trying to achieve ketosis through nutritional dieting but to help manage type 1 diabetes, keep ketones low.
For whatever purpose you have for testing ketones, our Just Fitter Ketone Test Strips will be your best guide with its accurate results in seconds.
In fact, why don’t I explain …
Here Are 4 Great Things That Your Just Fitter Ketone Test Strips Can Do For You!
- With our fast changing modern world, it is a challenge to maintain a healthy lifestyle, as factors affecting our health just keep building up. Dieting has always been a solution to good health. The more popular diets are the low carb diets. Your Just Fitter Ketone Test Strips will help you accurately monitor the effectiveness of your diet.
- The moment you receive the Just Fitter Ketone Test Strips, you will notice how easy it is to open the bottle packaging. The test strips fit well in the bottle and do not get in your way when you close and store it.
- When you first test for Ketones in Urine, you will notice how quick the colour indicator on the strip changes and how easy it is to match the colours with that of those provided in the packaging.
- Imagine coming back from the holidays and gaining some holiday weight. You could quickly get back into shape with the right nutritional diet, and our Ketone test strips are your perfect partner for it.
Now that you understand the results you can experience... I bet you’d like to know how to get the best possible results from your Just Fitter Ketone Test Strips...
How to Get the Best Results When Using Your Just Fitter Ketone Test Strips!
- We suggest to test your Ketones at the first time you urinate right after waking.
- Get a sample of your urine in a clean container. Start collecting the sample mid-stream.
- Dip the strip in the sample for a second. Alternatively, you may pass the strip through the urine mid-stream.
- Shake off any excess urine from the strip.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Match the colour to the colour chart found in the packaging of the product.
- Remember that when handling the Ketone Test Strips, make sure to hold or touch only the white portion of the strip, which is the part of the strip that sticks out the bottle. Touching or holding the coloured area may compromise the
accuracy of the results.
Note: If you are diagnosed with type 1 diabetes or suspect to have type 1 diabetes, according the American Diabetes Association (ADA), it is best to test for ketones if you feel nauseated, are vomiting, have abdominal pain, tired all the time, have a very dry mouth, skin is flushed, breath smells “fruity”, or have a hard time breathing. (www.diabetes.org)
Once you have recorded your results, we recommend you consult with your Healthcare Provider.
FAQ’s About the Just Fitter Ketone Test Strips
Q. What do the colours mean?
A. The colours indicate how many ketones are in your urine sample. The colours start from negative through to Large 16.0. To be in nutritional ketosis you should aim for anywhere between Trace 0.5 and Moderate 4.0.
Q. How many strips come in a bottle?
A. There a 125 strips in each bottle.
Q. When is the best time to test your Ketones?
A. We suggest to test your Ketones at the first time you urinate right after waking prior to exercise or eating.
Q. Do the Ketone Test strips have an expiry date?
A. Yes. The test strips have a 2 year shelf life. The expiry date can be found marked clearly on the bottle. The strips will last up to 60 days after breaking the foil seal. If they turn a greyish colour they have been compromised.
Q. Does a dark colour mean I’m in ketosis when I’m following a ketogenic diet?
A. Yes. But remember that a darker colour doesn’t mean that you are in a better state of ketosis or burning more fat. As long as you are testing with a trace (light pink) through to moderate you are in nutritional ketosis.
Q. I’m a diabetic. What colour should I look for?
A. You should be looking for a negative result. If you are testing positive, you should consult your healthcare practitioner.
Q. My Ketone strips have a beige colour to the test pad and they’re new. Is that Right?
A. Yes. The ketone strips do have a beige hue to them, they are not
meant to be white.
Q. How do I store the Ketone Test Strips?
A. You should keep them in the bottle supplied away from light and moisture. Always replace the cap immediately after use and don’t remove the desiccants in the bottle.
* Exclusive Just Fitter Products *
If you liked this product, then I guarantee that you will LOVE our other Just Fitter health & fitness products! There’s a good reason why our average customer ends up using several different Just Fitter products to help them achieve their health and fitness outcomes!
(Hint: It’s because of the great design and excellent high quality materials we use in each product :-)
Have you checked out these other amazing products?